searchbar icon white

Blog

Learn how to have conversations that get results

Teacher Spends Two Days as a Student and is Shocked at What She Learns

Fierce Ideas (blue lightbulb)



This week's Fierce Resource was originally published on The Washington Post and was written by Valerie Strauss.

Do you ever reminisce about what things could have been like...what you might do if you had the chance to do it all over again? Teacher Spends Two Days as a Student and is Shocked at What She Learns explores what the classroom is like for high school students and perhaps what may just be in the way of learning. As society shifts, workplaces are becoming more modernized, so shouldn't the classroom as well? Imagine a classroom that functioned like Google. What would happen if students were expected to show up and work say, 75% of the time and the other 25% was focused on creativity, development, or connecting?

What could you change in your classroom or school to make learning more engaging? 

"I waited 14 years to do something that I should have done my first year of teaching: shadow a student for a day. It was so eye-opening that I wish I could go back to every class of students I ever had right now and change a minimum of ten things – the layout, the lesson plan, the checks for understanding. Most of it!"

To read the full article, click here.

0

Related Posts

Fierce Newsletter

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Get blogs, ebooks, and more delivered straight to you.

Continue the Conversation...

 

Fierce Newsletter

We're glad you liked it!

Keep the conversation going. Subscribe to our Newsletter.

Get blogs, ebooks, and more delivered straight to you.

closebuttongrey Teacher Spends Two Days as a Student and is Shocked at What She Learns - Fierce, Inc. - Fierce, Inc.

5 conversations ebook cover 300

GET YOUR COPY OF OUR FREE EBOOK!

Enter your work email to download:

closebuttongrey Teacher Spends Two Days as a Student and is Shocked at What She Learns - Fierce, Inc. - Fierce, Inc.

6 Problems eBook

GET YOUR COPY OF OUR FREE EBOOK!

Enter your work email to download:

closebuttongrey Teacher Spends Two Days as a Student and is Shocked at What She Learns - Fierce, Inc. - Fierce, Inc.

10 Steps eBook

GET YOUR COPY OF OUR FREE EBOOK!

Enter your work email to download:

closebuttongrey Teacher Spends Two Days as a Student and is Shocked at What She Learns - Fierce, Inc. - Fierce, Inc.

10 Steps eBook

WATCH OUR FREE WEBINAR!

Enter your work email below:

closebuttongrey Teacher Spends Two Days as a Student and is Shocked at What She Learns - Fierce, Inc. - Fierce, Inc.

Inclusive Whitepaper

GET YOUR COPY OF OUR FREE WHITEPAPER!

Enter your work email to download: